Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Exciting Weekend

I am really excited. My first blog entry. I've spent the weekend learning about all the kinds of things I can do on the web and this is my first journey into additional things for my Alexander Technique website: www.UnlockYourMindAndBody.co.uk . Some of people I spent the weekend with were really interested in the benefits of the Alexander Technique (AT). I could really notice times during the three days where people could have really benefitted from it:
  • on day one, one of the presenters had lower back ache due to standing around so much presenting! We did talk and I did work with him for a bit to help him out.
  • a few of the presenters were a bit nervous and it took them a few minutes to calm down after they started presenting. I term it "taking fright" at the prospect of presenting and then they have all those physical effects of their mental anxiety - red faces, shallow breathing, shortness of breath, difficulty thinking on their feet, etc. AT could have helped them manage their nerves and not allowed their nerves to affect how they were speaking and behaving.
  • it was a lot of sitting down for all the participants (3 days for about 8 hours with breaks), some of the people in the audience I also noticed got a bit uncomfortable with so much sitting.
  • I ended up wearing high heels all weekend since I was enjoying being a couple of inches taller. It was great until I noticed that my left knee was starting to feel irritated and started to hurt. As soon as I noticed this I started putting my Alexander thinking into practice to sort it out and guess what, hey presto, it went away and I carried on wearing my heels for the remaining two days with no problems (and enjoying those extra inches)!!
  • I have also noticed that since I spend so much time typing these days on computers that when I end up in a conference room either at seminars or training courses etc. my hands can get tense and sore with all the writing I end up doing when I'm not used to it and my shoulders, neck and back can be sore from leaning over the desk. The great news was that this time I didn't have a problem with any of this, I was able to take copious notes and pay attention to what was going on without issue.

All in all it was a great weekend. Making new friends, learning about the internet and getting enthusiastic about all this stuff I could start doing. I also excited with this because today is also the first day of me using my new broadband connection, so lots of firsts achieved this weekend!

I hope you enjoyed the update on my weekend, my first blog all done and dusted, wow! For more info. on the Alexander Technique and how you can benefit from it go to my website: www.UnlockYourMindAndBody.co.uk.

You can also sign up for my free monthly newsletter now by sending a blank e-mail to UnlockYourMindAndBody@smartgroups.com and clicking on the link in the reply email to confirm your subscription. The next newsletter will be out tomorrow evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?