Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

We are all the same

I have been travelling again, this time to New York to visit friends. I had a great time there, chilling out, doing lots of things and enjoying the sunshine. I also had the opportunity to people watch while I was walking around and sitting in the parks. I did notice a number of cultural differences between the americans and the brits but it was reassuring that from an Alexander Technique point of view things were exactly the same. People were tense and stressed although the lovely sunshine reduced that! But how people were moving was just as people are elsewhere - some were moving easily, others were noticeably stiffer and less relaxed - especially at the gym where they were "doing their workouts". Whilst we can have cultural divides we are all the same and I found it enjoyable that that was true!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?