Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Out Partying Last Night!

Last night was a friend's birthday and she had a big party where lots of her friends and work colleagues went to. We all dressed up and spent the evening chatting away. Eventually after we had eaten and drunk enough the music started getting more upbeat to persuade people to get up and dance.

I must admit I do love dancing, it is something that I really enjoy and I spent lots of time in my early twenties dancing. But it all came to an end back then because I got to the point where I would go up on the dance floor and dance but only be able to for about half an hour. After that I would then have to go and sit back down and watch everyone else because my knees really hurt. I used to find that really frustrating so I stopped going, understandable I think!

I've been learning and teaching the Alexander Technique for 7 years now and finally last night my little miracle took place - I danced for a good hour/hour and half without a problem. Even a couple of years ago I could dance but still not dance how I wanted to or for as long as I wanted. But last night was great, boogie-ing away to new and old songs being as energetic or calm as I wanted to be. Considering I am getting older and I gave up dancing in my early twenties, now in my early thirties I've gone back to dancing successfully with more energy and fun than I did in my twenties. Fantastic!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?