Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Friday, May 25, 2007

Cleaning the car

Three weeks ago I had a bit of a nightmare cleaning and polishing the car. I washed the car, dried it off and then my other half and I polished it. This seems quite normal and the car did look lovely afterwards.

The problem was, did I spend anytime thinking about this AT stuff? Not this time. I wanted to get it all done as quickly as possible. I didn't think about me and I didn't think about how I was washing, drying or polishing the car. Guess what happened?

After about 20 mins I had the most horrendous headache. I haven't had a headache like it for a really long time. My neck was sore, the back of my head really hurt and my headache was intense. I had to go and lie down on the sofa it was so bad.

Only then did I realised that I hadn't thought about what I was doing to myself the whole time I was cleaning and polishing. This inattention eventually caught up with me and boy, did my body let me know about it then. It took me a good hour to sort myself out and relax enough to disperse most of the headache.

That wasn't all. I could feel I had put my neck out from my misuse: excessive muscle tension and poor use, so much so that I needed to go to the chiropractor to get it adjusted back. I went to the chiropractor a week later, got my adjustment and it was wonderful, back to normal!!

So, next time I wash and polish the car I will have to pay attention!! I hope you do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?