Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Friday, May 25, 2007

Man on his motorbike

I was driving into Horsham Town Centre last week when I came across a man on a motorbike. He was riding a motorbike with a side car in front of me. OK, so the sidecar is a bit unusual but it was how he was sitting on it that got my attention. So much so that I actually changed the route I was taking to carry on following him (sad but true).

He was sitting on his bike with all his weight on his right buttock and his left cheek and leg were completely clear of the bike seat. It isn't all that unusual to have moved your body weight across the seat for balance, you see it in motorbike racing.

The reason I felt the need to follow him is because while his body weight was to the right, his torso and head were still aligned with the centre of the bike. When you looked down his spine to his lower back there was a significant sideways movement to the left.

It was only by following him I could work out it was something he was doing all the time, not just when he was going around the round about!! I thought he could probably benefit from a few lessons of sitting on a motorbike...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?