Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Friday, May 25, 2007

Ground Force Moment

Yesterday, I spent the day with my work colleagues converting the garden for a residential home for the blind and hard of seeing. We spent the day pulling up and re-laying paths, creating new flower beds and grass verges and planting.

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, hot and sunny and very relaxing. I spent most of the day laying the path with my colleague and I have to say we were very pleased with the result. After my incident with cleaning and polishing the car (more later) I was a little concerned I might end up in the same difficulty.

The good news was I'd learnt my lesson and I spent the day working hard, levelling sand and gravel, lifting and laying paving slabs and planting whilst keeping some of my attention on my Alexander Technique stuff. I was really pleased with this: by lunchtime I was feeling really positive and enthusiastic and by the end of the day I was still feeling this way. No aches, no pains, no problems - given I spent the day crouching, lifting and bending forward I thought this was a very good outcome and a major turnaround after the cleaning the car incident (see next blog). And the garden looked fantastic afterwards, even if I do say so myself.

Today, I have a few minor muscle aches, not surprising since I work in an office normally and not in the garden but nowhere close to the levels I would have expected for the unusual work I did. It's days like this that make me very happy I know this work, it makes a huge difference to me to be able to do these activities easily so I can enjoy what I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?