Unlock Your Mind and Body

Here is my online diary of all my Alexander Technique learnings and discoveries as a student and teacher. Learn the benefits of the Alexander Technique and the pitfalls to avoid when learning it yourself...

Friday, June 29, 2007

Recovering from Injuries

I hurt my arm yesterday working in the garden. I am mad enough to be relandscaping it and moving the path and adding new features. It is proving hard work, especially in all this rain.

I strained my forearm/wrist yesterday with all the lifting and digging and it swelled up quite a lot. I followed the RICE procedure (rest, ice, compression and elevation) approach but I also added in one important feature from this Alexander Technique stuff.

That feature was: if you move well and in harmony with your body, it actually encourages and accelerates recovery.

So much so that this morning my arm was all healed. I can't say that much for the bruises and sore muscles from all the hard work but I'm happy with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Who links to me?